View Full Description
Audeze technology defines the new industry-standard
Pushing the envelope on what is possible with headphone design, the Audeze LCD-2 Classic shows what it means to be a pioneer within the music industry. Highlighting the technology roots of the company, the LCD-2 Classic employs the patented planar magnetic transducer for exciting and vibrant audio reproduction. Aligned with the planar magnetic transducer is the FazorTM technology, which greatly improves the clarity and focus that's already in a league of its own through the holographic imaging and wave guidelines.
Designed to address the pitfalls of other driver types, the Planar Magnetic transducer produces a pristine, distortion-free sound at any volume level. What becomes problematic for other dynamic driver types is now a memory, the LCD-2's excellent audio performance including the low harmonic distortion is testament to the clarity and detail you can expect at any level with any musical genre going through your headphones.
Massive soundstage with tremendous detail
Ideal for the music enthusiast, the LCD-2 Classic offers a more forgiving listening experience, serving to accent what is there, rather than reveal every minutia and detail that includes the bad. While the LCD-2 Classic is billed as a listener-friendly headphone, this does not mean it lacks in any areas of superior audio fidelity. Strong and powerful low-end is complemented by a full-bodied and rich midrange. The treble is articulate and detailed without suffering from any excessive 'wet' treble that can so often cause listening fatigue.
Leaning into the idea that consumers would enjoy a premium audio experience with a slight bias in the lows and highs means the tuning of the LCD-2 Classic Closed-Back is pleasurable for any genre of music. Anchored by the signature Audeze low-end, and not to say there is simply more low-end than others, but it's the distinct extension, precision and nuance of the low-end that makes the LCD-2 Classic special.
If you're ever in the mood for some ultra-modern electronic music with a thumping sub, you'll feel and hear every note. What sets the LCD-2 Classic Closed-Back apart from other high-end headphones is the broad and expansive soundstage. Where you may normally find three distinct channels, left, right and centre, the LCD-2 Classic provides one cohesive unit that places sound all around you seamlessly. For intricate and detailed music like you'd find in a large orchestra or busy electronic song, each instrument occupies its own space, free from any overlap or blurring from poor sonic imaging.
Audeze reveal plugin
Hear your music in a different space with the revolutionary Reveal plugin. With your LCD-2 Classic headphones, you can unlock a myriad of custom preset filters, each of which authentically emulates professional, acoustically treated studios. Ideal for producers, mixing and mastering engineers, this allows you to hear your music through different emulated spaces and setups to hear your music translates. Now, you can accurately make adjustments to your mix or master to ensure the full musical experience is heard by your listeners.
Engineered and handcrafted in the USA
Each Audeze LCD-2 Classic headphone is engineered and crafted by hand in the USA. Once manufactured, they undergo rigorous testing to ensure each headphone lives up to the high-quality control standards set by Audeze. Premium-quality every you look, every headphone ring on the LCD-2 Classic is visually matched, ensuring the glass-reinforced nylon rings create an exclusive and sophisticated aesthetic that matches the unrivalled sound quality.
"Audeze's new closed-back LCD-2 promises to offer more privacy and isolation for fans of the warmer sounding Audeze models, and it delivers admirably." - HiFi Headphones
"It is deep and wide, and creates a sense of space without even requiring a lot of space from the mix." - Major HiFi
"They have a full, natural tonality, lots of detail, and a gorgeous, enveloping sense of space." - SoundStage!
- Warm tonality that complements your music to perfection
- Closed-back design offers superior isolation and a wider soundstage for immersive listening
- Hand-crafted and engineered in the USA for pristine built-quality
- Immaculate, full-range frequency response between 10Hz - 50kHz thanks to the proprietary 100mm Planar Magnetic drivers
- Superior sound-stage with excellent instrument seperation and realism
- Glass-infused nylon headphone rings provide rigidity and durability over time
- Steel-suspension headband comforms to your head and provides maximum comfort over long periods
- Leather-free memory foam earpads effectively block out room ambience to get you closer to the music
- Proprietary 1.9m braided cable delivers immaculate audio transfer
- Style: Over-ear, closed-back
- Transducer type: Planar magnetic
- Magnetic structure: Proprietary magnet array
- Phase management: Non-fazer
- Magnet type: Neodymium N50
- Diaphragm Type: Ultra-thin
- Transducer Size: 106 mm
- Maximum Power Handling: 5W RMS
- Maximum SPL: > 130dB
- Frequency Response: 10Hz – 50kHz
- THD: < 0.1 @ 100dB
- Impedance: 70 ohms
- Sensitivity: 101dB/1mw (at Drum Reference Point)
- Minimum Power Requirement: > 100mW
- Recommended Power Level: > 250mW
- Weight: 612g
- Product Code: P002663