View Full Description
Cutting-edge binaural immersion – mix between headphones and speakers
Translating your mixes between two different audio systems can be challenging at the best of times and can make or break your sound when it comes to mastering. Utilising binaural simulation technology, OLLO Audio has developed a new target curve for binaural mixing within headphones. This allows you to seamlessly transition between your monitors/speakers and your headphones whilst mixing, providing a flat and even frequency response that will translate well on different mediums such as car stereos or live sound setups.
Each component has been carefully selected to achieve the ultra-wide (yet flat) frequency response, resulting in reference-grade audio fidelity. The left/right matched transducers are hand-picked to deliver exceptional sonic accuracy and instrument separation. The dual-layered coil design utilises 50mm, dynamic Neodymium speakers, with 108dB SPL, allowing you to easily handle even these most demanding musical projects.
Smooth, tuned response with optimised sound stage
Optimised acoustics are what make the OLLO Audio S5Xs perfect for mixing and mastering applications. Each component and design aspect has been specially constructed to deliver faithful sound reproduction that translates between multiple sources. The earcups are equipped with a conical radiation chassis housing an ex-centric and angled speaker to deliver and optimise sound stage and immersive spatialisation. The frequency response is also tailor-made to translate immersion within your mixes between binaural and speakers.
The perforated design of the earpads helps to control flow resistance around the earpad's seal, which results in a smoother and more natural response throughout the frequency spectrum. It also helps to disperse heat, minimising listening fatigue. The braided silicone cable also features an OFC core, designed to minimise signal distortion.
Boutique-style design with American Walnut earcups
When it comes to mixing and mastering, listening fatigue can halt your process and slow you down in the studio. The unique design of the S5Xs combats this, delivering maximum comfort, even in the most demanding studio sessions. The adjustable headband features an artificial leather strap with a stainless spring, and powder-coated steel construction. The exterior of the earcups is made from American Walnut and the interior ear pads are made from artificial leather with velour padding. The earcups can also be rotated a full 360 degrees, so you can quickly swap between listening to different systems.
The earpads can also be replaced as well as the strap and steel headband, allowing you to customise the look of the S5Xs. The braided silicone cable is not only durable but detachable also, with colour-labelled L/R jacks. The 2.5mm jack plugs feature a ball-locking mechanism for added security and come complete with a screw-on adapter from 3.5mm to 6.3mm jacks (1/8 – 1/4 inch).
- Reference-grade audio fidelity with binaural/immersive mixing
- Ideal for mixing and mastering applications
- Open-back design with a flat frequency response
- Hand-picked and matched left/right transducers deliver the utmost sonic accuracy and instrument separation
- 50mm, PET25u membrane, two-layered coil – 50 ohms
- Dynamic Neodymium speaker with 10dB SPL (30 ohm output allows them to work with smart devices too)
- Optimised sound stage for spatialisation of objects in binaural renderer
- Flat frequency response turned for translation of immersive mix between binaural and monitor setup
- 360-degree rotating American Walnut earcups
- Adjustable steel headband with artificial leather strap
- Clamping force set for target frequency response on industry-standard bitragional diameter of 14.3cm (KEMAR)
- Detachable braided silicone cable with OFC core to minimise signal distortion
- Colour-labelled L/R jacks (Left is black)
- Complete with a screw-on adapter from 3.5mm to 6.3mm jacks
- Frequency response:
- 15 Hz - 22 kHz sweep 1/3 oct p-p range (+/-1) 14.5 dBSPL
- 20 Hz - 20 kHz sweep 1/3 oct p-p range (+/-1) 12 dBSPL
- @ 0 dBu RMS 1 kHz produces (+/-1) 108 dBSPL
- @ -23 dBu RMS 0.5-2kHz pink produces (+/-1) 85 dBSPL
- Impedance: +/- 5 percent 50 Ohm, outboard audio interface recommended
- Ear cups dimensions: Outer diameter: 95 mm
- Ear cups material: American walnut
- Stainless steel and artificial leather
- Clamping pressure N/cm² @14.3cm breadth 0.127 N/cm²
- Earpads size:
- Outer diameter: 95 mm
- Inner diameter: 57.5mm
- Depth: 20mm +/-2.5mm
- Earpads material: Acoustic foam, extra elasticity poly leather and velour
- Cable termination: Detachable 2 meters long Y 2.5mm mini jack
- Connector: 3.5mm jack with an adapter to 6.3mm jack
- Magnet type: Neodymium
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Coil: 2 layered
- Membrane material: PET 25u
- Matched speakers: Handpicked pairs
- Weight: 414g
- Warranty: 5-year limited manufacturer warranty
- Product code: OLL-S5X