View Full Description
Audeze technology defines the new industry-standard
Pushing the envelope on what is possible with headphone design, the Audeze LCD-2 shows what it means to be a pioneer within the music industry. Highlighting the technology roots of the company, the LCD-2 employs the patented planar magnetic transducer for exciting and vibrant audio reproduction. Aligned with the planar magnetic transducer is the FazorTM technology, which greatly improves the clarity and focus that's already in a league of its own through the holographic imaging and wave guidelines.
Bringing together a multitude of top-of-the-line components, the LCD-2 redefined what quality audio meant in the industry.
Using a proprietary magnet array, Planar Magnetic transducer, ultra-thin neodymium N50 magnets and more, the culmination is a headphone that outperforms even the most revered headphones. Ultra-low noise floor, tremendous SPL rating up to 130dB and a frequency response that extends beyond human hearing from 10Hz - 50kHz reveals the true spectacle that is the LCD-2.
Designed to address the pitfalls of other driver types, the Planar Magnetic transducer produces a pristine, distortion-free sound at any volume level. What becomes problematic for other dynamic driver types is now a memory, the LCD-2's excellent audio performance including the low harmonic distortion is testament to the clarity and detail you can expect at any level with any musical genre going through your headphones.
Reveal every detail in stunning clarity
With one goal in mind when creating the LCD-2, Audeze aimed to reproduce the music exactly how it was recorded and intended by the artist. Audibly linear across the entire frequency spectrum with no bias in any range, the LCD-2 provides a detailed and flat response that's ideal for hearing the nuance and subtlety within your favourite recordings.
Trusted by musicians, producers, mastering engineers and the like, the LCD-2 bolster the award-winning sound that put Audeze on the map. An incredible sense of depth down to 10Hz has become a signature for the brand. Never overwhelming or overbearing, the low-end is controlled, precise and powerful. The mid-range is broadband, full-bodied and most importantly, reserved. Balanced mid-range can often be mistaken for pushed mids that cloud and congest the sound, thankfully no such character occurs in the LCD-2. Pushing from the mids, the high-end is articulate and airy well past 10kHz. Whilst highly detailed, the upper treble is never too sibilant or piercing, ensuring you can enjoy your favourite music for hours on end.
In all, the LCD-2 Rosewood presents a highly-linear response that means any style of music will come across appropriately with detail and power. Whether you're listening to driving rock vocal performances, airy orchestral or sub pounding electronic music, the LCD-2 is well versed in every aspect of sound reproduction.
Audeze reveal plugin
Hear your music in a different space with the revolutionary Reveal plugin. With your LCD-2 headphones, you can unlock a myriad of custom preset filters, each of which authentically emulates professional, acoustically treated studios. Ideal for producers, mixing and mastering engineers, this allows you to hear your music through different emulated spaces and setups to hear your music translates. Now, you can accurately make adjustments to your mix or master to ensure the full musical experience is heard by your listeners.
Engineered and handcrafted in the USA
Each Audeze LCD-2 Rosewood headphone is engineered and crafted by hand in the USA. Once manufactured, they undergo rigorous testing to ensure each headphone lives up to the high quality control standards set by Audeze. Premium-quality every you look, every headphone ring on the LCD-2 is visually matched from Caribbean Rosewood, shaped and finished by hand to create a sophisticated aesthetic that matches the sound.
- LCD-2 planar magnetic headphone
- 1.9m 1/4'' to dual 4-pin mini-XLR cable
- Professional travel case
- Unsurpassed bass extension, exceptional treble and the wide mid-range
- Hand-crafted and engineered in the USA for pristine built-quality
- Immaculate, full-range frequency response between 10Hz - 50kHz thanks to the proprietary 100mm Planar Magnetic drivers
- Superior sound-stage with excellent instrument seperation and realism
- Custom handmade Caribbean Rosewood rings provide rigidity and durability over time
- Steel-suspension headband comforms to your head and provides maximum comfort over long periods
- Soft earpads provide superior comfort alongside effectively eliminating room ambience to get you closer to the music
- Proprietary 1.9m braided cable delivers immaculate audio transfer
- Fazor phase management system
- Maximum SPL up to 130dB allows you to crank the volume with near-zero distortion
"A game-changer. Redefines the state of the art." -Cnet.com
"If it was the intention...was to produce a pair of headphones with exceptional speed, transparency and dynamics, Audeze has succeeded admirably." - Audiophilia.com
""...greater density and solidity than I’ve experienced through most other high-end headphones. Other adjectives that came to mind were rich and full.” - SoundStage!
- Style: Over-ear, open-back
- Transducer type: Planar Magnetic
- Magnetic structure: Proprietary magnet array
- Phase management: Fazor
- Magnet type: Neodymium N50
- Diaphragm type: Ultra-thin
- Transducer size: 106 mm
- Maximum power handling: 5W RMS
- Maximum SPL: > 130dB
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 50kHz
- THD: < 0.1 percent @ 100dB
- Impedance: 70 ohms
- Sensitivity: 101 dB/1mW (at Drum Reference Point)
- Minimum power requirement: > 100mW
- Recommended power level: > 250mW
- Weight: 595g
- Product code: P002440